Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas cards for Mia and Livi

Len's a great one for bright ideas, and he suggested that I use photos of the girlies on their Christmas cards to make them more personal - his other bright idea was to then nip off out to archery leaving me fighting to re-size the images - that guy's not daft :)


Sheesh, these took me almost a whole day in the end. But, besides the photos, I was determined to use the Winter Cabin die as it reminds me so much of their house in Germany.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- self adhesive sparkly film in rich blue for the sky and clear sparkly over white card for the foreground

- Memory Box 'Winter Cabin Landscape' die, cut using white Centura Pearl card

- Cheery Lyn's 'Santa's sleigh and reindeer' die, cut from black card already backed with double sided sticky sheet

- photos of Mia and Livi, re-sized (umpteen times!) and die cut with an oval Nestie

- the greetings are sparkly 'Glitterations' peel offs by Papermania

- more peel offs to spell out the girls' names and also to add a few stars here and there (snigger, the girls have star shaped earrings 'cos I got  little glue mark on Livi's photo)

- Rudolph's nose was glittered with 'Xmas Red' Stickles and 'Icicle' Stickles added to the cabin and trees

I made these whilst in the throes of back pain spasms the other week - it's not easy positioning peel offs whilst yelping :)

Di
x


20 comments:

  1. Cute and creative idea AND love the cards! Very cute little gals too.
    They'll be so excited to see these.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect Di!
    I hope your pain is going - there is nothing worse

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a super idea of Len's! Too bad he didn't offer to carry it out, but your did a beautiful job. Special cards for special little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say a great idea and great cards and gorgeous girls.Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea using this beautiful die. It is really so pretty, and I'm pleased to see you're getting so much mileage with it. The girls will absolutely love this and that you personalized it especially for them. Love that mirror paper too. So brilliant with the white die atop it. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your back is still giving you grief! Back pain is so horrid!

    You have made 2 beautiful cards in spite of your back...that is wonderful in itself. The girls faces look so pretty and nice that you had a die that looks like their house too!
    Methinks those little girls are going to love Grandma's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Di.....how's the back now?
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are darling! I love that die & all the sparkle & the pictures were worth it--easy for me to say--LOL! Hope your back is better soon, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely cards Di and Livi and Mia such little beauties xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww they will LOVE these cards Di. I think it's great that, as cardmakers, we can personalise things.

    Nice die cuts too.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely idea, Di. The girls will love their personalised cards. Love the glittery blue sky and I want to live in a house like that. Hope your back is very much better and you are set to enjoy the coming week. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely idea, doubly nice to receive with your name AND photo. Little people will love that! I'm suffering back pain too Di, so you have my sympathy and I hope you're free of it before much longer. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh Di, They are both gorgeous and your girls will just love them too! lovely photos and beautifully presented onto their cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great personalised cards there Miss.
    I guess the Natity play is off then having just read Miss Mischief's email! TMI!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. go to the top of the class Miss. these are delightful and the girls will just love them. I sent my granddaughter a card with a pink fairy on and she won't bring it down from her room!!
    Sorry not been around much but email explains. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow Di these are simply gorgeous they will love them!!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute and very lovely. I think they will love them. Now then Mrs - you must rest that back of yours. I finally managed to get to PO today - there are some bits and bobs on the way for the Playground, I hope they are okay and useful xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant, fabulous, wonderful.

    Kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bless your heart, Di, this has just gone on so horribly long. My heart goes out to you. I know what it's like, but I've never had it last so long and I sure hope it up and leaves. Please, can't you take a break from cards and blogging, both of which sound like they bring on the spasms?

    You took Len's brilliant idea and turned it into works of art for the little girls, with houses like their own, no less!! More treasures from the grandparents!!

    Gentle hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fab personalised cards!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.