Monday 23 December 2013

Last minute Christmas cake

As you know, things have been fraught here, but today should be fun - I intend to make a last minute Christmas cake.

I did publish this same recipe a couple of years ago, but some of you who weren't visiting then might not have seen it and may well want to give it a try as well :)


A festive recipe with a difference!

Christmas Cake Recipe
 
Ingredients:
1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
nuts
bottle Vodka
2 cups of dried fruit
Sample the vodka to check quality.
Take a large bowl, check the vodka again.
To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer.
Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
Add one teaspoon of sugar.
Beat again.
At this point it's best to make sure the vodka is shtill OK.
Try another cup ... just in case
Turn off the mixerer.
Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
Pick fruit off floor.
Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the vodka to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who giveshz a shit.
Check the vodka.
Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table.
Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
Greash the oven.
Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the vodka and kick the cat (or wipe down the work surfaces with him/her - your choice).
 
CHERRY MISTMAS!
Snigger, snort, snort! :))

Di - and Perschnipp the bare
x

25 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Sounds like a plan to me!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kinda baking lesson!!! Thanks for the good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this recipe before but it still makes me smile - brilliant start to the week - CHEERS!

    Seasons Greetings

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gin works equally as well I find!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely day-preaparing this njami cake,
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hoot,that has tickled me Di!!Darnell is so going to love this(thinking of her and her Wodka!!)hope you have a lovely Christmas and i will catch up with you soon,hugs,Nessa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder if it would work with sweetner in stead of the sugar ;-)
    Have a great one Di.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hic! Sa good one Di . . . I've been visiting you long enough to member you poshted thish before! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee Hee!

    I think that there are gremlins at work with this commenting thing!

    What I wanted to say was personally I think that booze is just for drinking and not cooking so I will just sample the Vodka!

    Hope that you have a lovely Christmas Di and the Vodka eases the back pain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! My favourite kinda baking!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. try might interesting sounds it I -- mmm what I meant was - vodka cake - I take a sip of that -- oh wait - I said that wrong. {trying to say it sober - but I can't seem too - tried to much vodka when trying this recipe -- hehehe ;)}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant, I think I have seen it before but certainly worth a second read, love all the little blinkies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops also forgot to say, that will come as a surprise to you but I don't like Christmas Cake but somehow this has a sort of appeal to me!!!

    Kath xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant.....my sort of recipe!
    Kyla x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny - that's my kind of baking
    Have a fab Christmas and dare I say go easy on the vodka.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant!! Happy Christmas Di!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tee hee Di.

    I saw this recipe last time you posted it and I still haven't got the hang of it.

    I still have to come out with a decent cake .. .. but I keep trying .. .. hic!!! Every week!! Hic!!!

    I will not be defeated. LOL!!!

    Have a really lovely Christmas Di and a very happy 2014!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did Mrs. A come over to help with the testing? I wuz worrying bout you 2 girls when I read the recipe. Hope you didn't give the Bare any of this responsibility cuz somebody has got to keep a cool head to watch the Playground. And I hope you brung some cake over to the playground too, and will save me a piece. I liked the sound of the druit...Merry, Merry & Hugs (hic hic)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It made me laugh last year, and because my memory is not what it used to be (nothing to do with vodka consumption) it made me laugh again this year :) Happy Christmas - hope you and Len have a wonderful day. Hugs, elizabeth xx

    PS: Bonnie has just zipped out the door after reading the last instruction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know, I'm not really a big fan of cake, but this one sounds doable! Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hicup.....my favourite recipe ...lol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.