Tuesday 10 December 2013

Making snippets

Bad girl that I am - I chopped up some LOTV papers today with the prime reason of helping me out with this coming week's snippets make. OK,  I made a few snippets but I NEEEDED BROWNS for Sunday and the prize is lovely :)
Now, to me, these are certainly NOT traditional Christmas colours :( But, I had browns in my mind for the papers as you already know and this image has brown in - but YELLOWS?!?!?! I plodded on and at least ended up with some snippets I wanted - not a really Christmas colour scheme huh?!!!

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card blank

- SU's 'Summer Starfruit' card to match the LOTV  'Navitity Play' pre-coloured image -which I chose to match those flipping papers I need snippets of - sigh

- all newly chopped papers and even a few already cut snippets are from the LOTV 'Krafty Christmas ' paper pad

- the star was cut using a die by Memory Box, cut from SU 'Summer Starfruit' again ..... just 'cos I thought there was too much 'white' over the Baby Jesus

- ribbons and cord from the ribbon box

- sentiment is Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings , stamped in Brilliance 'Pearlescent Chocolate' and layered onto SU punches

That's me for today, still not running on all four cylinders but off to brave Costco - someone' s gotta do it! And at least almost all cards are done and en route :) DEEP BREATH!! :)

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Although they are not the traditional colours that you would expect for Christmas, I still think brown and yellow work with this cute image! Hey! Who says Christmas has to be red and green?! ^_^ Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but the yellow looks like gold, and I've heard that the streets in Heaven are paved in gold, so the yellow is perfect for these sweet angels and the Christ child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these non traditional colours. It looks good with the blonde angels hair!
    This is a really sweet image. Feels good to cut into new sheets of paper...oh yes!
    I have some new Christmas Paper pads, but shall use snippets for my mats and diecuts so I can still play in the playground...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, girlie, Christmas card...great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks lovely! I think you have done a great job :) hope Costco weren't too busy!!

    Hugs

    Vic xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that card is just so gorgeous.
    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe not traditional but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah . . . but I think it's COOOOOL! Sweet image and fab sentiment.

    Take several deep breaths . ..

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Bootiful Miss! Christmas is a season of ALL colours.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveeeeeee the colours you have used Di and that LOTV image is gorgeous lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and the colours are lovely too as is the image another great take Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this LOTV image! True, this isn't what we think of as traditional, but you know..it's got a gold tone going on. And definitely Gold is Christmas! Your yellows gave a warm glow to brighten up the pretty browns, and I actually like this combo very well for the holiday. And it's perfect for this sweet image. Loved the trims too. Hope Costco was fun. Ours is always crowded! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it works really well for Christmas cards. I saw the image on my Bloglovin list and had to come for a closer look. Such a sweet picture. I did a big batch of brown Christmas cards one year and everyone loved them. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love chrissy cards that don't stick to the norm - they make things interesting... hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is absolutely lovely, it doesn't look all that yellow and it is near enough to gold, I can see a problem with this at all.

    I love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nowt wrong with using non traditionl Colours. Done a lot of bending and on me hands and knees today so not feeling too bright at the moment. Ever onward though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the yellow colors and especially the star shining above the Christ child in the manger! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is darling & very Christmassy--regardless of the color combo--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colours go very well together and the card looks very much like Cristmas, I love it. It is good seeing something different to the traditional colour.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this LOTV Nativity scene, and although the colours are not typically Christmas it works beautifully. The children's faces are so sweet and I love their little striped socks. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.