Sunday 1 December 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 100 is still open and a sneak peek at next week

Oh wow! I'm truly blown away by the number of entries into the Playground this last week, you really are all little stars :) So far (10 pm on Saturday) we have over 90 entries - amazing! I do smell a rat, bit of hair pulling, little bit of encouragement from certain quarters though :) Giggling here 'cos I know the main perpetrator very well!!! Thank you so, so much!!!

As the intention yesterday was for me to trot off to Bath for the day, the Snippets Playground was - and still is - open until 11 am today, one day longer than usual. To avoid confusion I've left it as planned - I know that some of our playmates  in the USA have been occupied with Thanksgiving and Black Friday so this gives them more time, rather than me mucking them about.

But I thought I'd perhaps give you a little taster of what's to come in this forthcoming week's draw, so here's a snippets card:
I used:

- white DL card blank

- silver mirri card from the snippets folder, which is still expanding by the day

- white card from the snippets folder which I stamped with a gorgeous 'itty bitty' stamp called 'Peace and Joy' by Unity Stamp (thank for leading me astray Elizabeth - do go here girls to see a great way to use this stamp!). To position the stamp, which I wanted to emboss, I used a neat trick that Victoria gave me. As the embossing pad is clear and I wanted to use my SU stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped onto the positioner using an easily wipeable dark grey stamp so I could see what I was doing. After cleaning the stamp itself I could then use the clear Versamark pad and silver embossing powder for the sentiment but had a visible sentiment on the SU plastic placement sheet

- the snowflake is by Inkylicious called 'Filigree Star', so pretty, stamped onto a snippet of blue card and embossed using Papermania's 'Tinsel Snowflake' powder which I've had for years and never used. The powder is a mixture of white and silver. In real life the snowflake does have some very pretty little bits of silver embossed in it not picked up in the photo, but, I wouldn't race out to buy the powder if you don't already have it. Why? Well, the sparkly silver bits can be too sparse or in a cluster - this was my third attempt to get an evenish spread so I don't think it's worth the hassle. Trimmed and mounted the best snowflake onto silver mirri snippet and glued a clear gem in the centre - for that I used a tiny spot of E-6000 glue, which is another great glue for tricky things 'cos the self adhesive backing on the gem wasn't gonna play ball and stick to the embossing was it :(

- oh, almost forgot, I'd also wrapped two layers of ribbon round the whole card 'topper', underneath where the snowflake would go

I'll be back with another snippets card tomorrow and the usual Playground write-up. And, there'll be two stamps the same as the ones I used today as part of this coming week's usual prize. It's a bit of a bumper prize to continue the celebrations and also as I have quite a few Christmas goodies in the toy box - which I'm sure you ain't gonna really want in January :) No good thinking I should keep them until next Christmas time - you all know how fast things change in the craft world so no doubt there will be lots of new stuff arriving on the scene before we know it!!

Plus, the 'Joanna Sheen 100 Weeks' separate draw will be into its second week so I hope you come back and play! But if you just wanna lie down and rest I understand - MOVE OVER please!

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. The silver and pastel blue colors look gorgeous Di - so perfect for this lovely snowflake! Rest well Ms Playground keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...., I do like that Peace and Joy stamp! Your card looks good. Like the blue and silver colour combination. ^_^ Playgroud is still open? Will I be able to squeeze in my 2nd entry by 11a.m.? Mmm.. better wake up early to play (to take photos and blog). Will try my hardest!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and silver combo - I have used it myself on Christmas cards this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so peaceful and serene looking! That stamp is wonderful!

    Love how you made this one...with that wonderful sentiment so beautifully showcased.

    Just got in from taking the birthday boy out for supper...or should I say the birthday old man, as he is officially now an old age pensioner...teeeheee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again...just noticed that you have complete 110 cards...well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is what I call a "grown up" card...VERY elegant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is truly LOVELY Di. Hugs to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Miss and a perfect one for #100 - I love your Roolz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card there Miss. Congratulations for your 100th post, thanks to our Roolz breaker friend!!
    Not sure I would both suing her! No point in suing a man/woman of straw!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi! I heard that Sam! D'ya mind . .. I am a woman of means! And a very independent little madam at that!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh 'eck! Our Sarn is one the war path it seems, better keep out of her way methinks! Lovely card Miss, love the pastel blue and the CAS design. We had a very nice Thanksgiving here but I'm all a bit doscombobulated if you know what I mean! Kept thinking Saturday was Sunday, and got up in a panic this morning (Sunday) thinking I was late for work, lol! I'll pop back tomorrow for a linky, although my card went live this morning (after the gates shut), I assume it's ok to link it up tomorrow.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the colour mix and the images that you have used, looks very classy.
    Made me smile that you posted this as an entry and why not I say.
    Loved Sarn's little sneaky entries.
    But also a big thank you to commenting on Ethan's card he was beaming ear to ear when I showed him that I had put it on my blog and that he'd had some comments, hope it doesn't go to his head and tries to take over my craft room.

    Love

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very stylish card. I love the Peace and Joy stamp and the pretty snowflake.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card and love the pastel blue with the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.