Monday 16 December 2013

Sarn to the rescue!

Yesterday afternoon I was suddenly reminded that I need to get some Christmas cheques in the post - help! But, this morning I remembered my buddy Sarn showing some teabag holders a little while ago on her blog - here. So I adapted the measurements a tad, found some Christmas patterned paper which wouldn't need decorating and whipped these up in about half an hour:
And when open, I made mine tent style, so I just wrote the message on the upper flap:
I used:

- papers from the Paper Studio 'Cozy Little Christmas' paper pad that I lugged all the way from New Mexico last year. It's 11" x 8.5" and good sturdy stuff too

- the only thing I changed from Sarn's instructions was not to have a double fold at the spine, which means cutting the longest edge at 10.5" and only scoring at 3.5" and 7" ............ 'cos a folded cheque is much flatter than a tea bag :)

Thank you Sarn - I owe you for that!

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. You're VERY welcome. Pleased to be of service!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look GREAT by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, we're ALL copying Sarn, she's obviously the true original, we're just followers, lol! Love your paper choices too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOSO!!! You made some really pretty ones, Di!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great creations, can't wait to receive mine!!!!!!!!!

    Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for some quick thinking. Sarn does have some great ideas. lovely papers you have used too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so pretty and festive too! Great way to tuck a little somethin somethin in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are brilliant what a great idea well done Di and Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! I so love these cards to hold a check. Will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea to hold a cheque. Thank you Sarn and you Di for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dun send my bills off like that. I pays em on the red ones!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.