Saturday 14 December 2013

The glow worm

Recently I've scarpering up to bed, at a ridiculously early hour (7 to 8pm or so!!) as I was always such a night owl, to read my 'very basic but I LOVE it!' Kindle before sleep, with it own clip on light, and to rest me aching back by lying flat (getting better I think though - sssshhh).

Len trots up to bed, not much later than me after clearing away the evening meal wot I made, or directed with his help, setting the dishwasher etc. and he always asks me to remind him of the words of one of my favourite little ditty as he walks into the bedroom.  He's sort of sniggering as it's usually aglow with a little light - unless am fast asleep whereupon he recovers said Kindle and light, usually from floor and gently takes my reading glasses off me - aaaaaaaw:


I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum
!


Thank goodness for a sense of humour - it makes me giggle every time!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. lol, we have never heard that saying before Di, it's lovely and I love the photo of it above. My Steve does that for me, I fall asleep with me specs on and he gets them off very, very gently so as not to wake me up. Keep resting huni it's what I'm going to have to do this weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! A sense of humor is the only way to go! Glad you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I love that verse too, made me chuckle, glad things are on the mend :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piccie and great verse.
    I needed a little pick me up today...too much rushing and not enough tea breaks...lol Just the business of the season!

    Glad to hear your back is feeling somewhat better...fingers crossed it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you are on the road to recovery. I think Len needs a big hug for taking such good care of you. Your little glow worm is precious. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww . . . see I just knew Len was a "keeper"! Bless 'im.

    Keep resting . . . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely tale and sound like you've a wonderful hubby. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. That always used to be me, asleep with my glasses on and book on the floor. Now I tend to stay up much too late, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. I found a glow worm in my garden earlier this year and posted a photo with this little verse to my grand children and they loved it! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a cute poem and I hope you're feeling better soon with that ailing back of yours! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and it certainly made me giggle. Glad to hear your back is getting better, but take it steady as I ended up spending most of the summer in bed when I put my back out and it's not 100 percent yet. Off to have a glass or two of mulled wine now (purely medicinal of course) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haa Haa! That is one of my favourite ditties too!
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww you have a good one there Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. K-UTE! Not the way I learned the little glowworm song, but I like yours better-er! Glad to hear the early sleeps are maybe helping a bit. Aren't Kindles grand? Sure love mine. Huggies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another chortle - am enjoying my 'catch up' trawl through the playground

    glad lying flat makes things easier, I'm still sleeping sitting up cos it's lying down that's causing me pain - wanna swap backs????

    hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.